Chief Operating Officer
Sorcero, the leader in Language Intelligence, the next-generation of deep learning powered Natural Language Understanding, is seeking a strong, dynamic and entrepreneurial Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join the Senior Executive team. Sorcero has been selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021, and has been recognized as one of the fastest growing startups on the 2021 Red Hot Companies list by DCA Live. Sorcero is growing rapidly and this is an opportunity to engage with high-profile enterprise customers to create something genuinely new and significant.
Why Join Sorcero?
- We are making serious strides towards transforming decision-making for key technical industries, like Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, and Engineering, that power the world and you would be a critical part of our success. We have incredible insights into markets and how to build technology that is powerful and differentiated. All while solving huge challenges in people’s lives and health that were previously intractable to prior generations of technology. You will help us move even faster.
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization, committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges.
- You’ll actively work to transform an established approach to work and learning with groundbreaking, cutting edge technology.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession.
The Chief Operating Officer provides the vision, leadership and management necessary to ensure Sorcero has the proper operational and financial controls to continue to promote the company’s growth trajectory. This role comes at a critical juncture, as the company just closed its Series A funding round. As the COO, responsible for developing, leading and implementing business strategies, policies and procedures. You will manage all daily operations of the company, including Commercial, Operational (HR, Legal) and Finance units, risk management, as well as provide long term focus on aligning organizational capabilities with Sorcero’s vision and strategy. As one of the most critical and essential positions within an organization, the COO must be a skilled communicator, effective leader and internal influencer, exemplary operator and a driven business person as well as adept negotiator. The COO is a key member of the Senior Executive Team and reports directly to the CEO.
- Previous COO experience or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in substantially growing an organization’s revenue
- Demonstrated experience in software for Healthcare, Insurance or Life Sciences or expertise in growing a unit as an entrepreneur within an organization with focus on these verticals
- Strong understanding of buying strategy and behaviors and customer voice
- Excellent at identifying priorities and addressing accordingly
- Real command and deep understanding of corporate relationships
- Strong analytical mindset and deep Finance expertise, including financial modeling
- Ability to foresee the blueprint of the organization they’ll help build
- A driven professional with a desire to leave a mark on the World
- Thrive when working at the speed of a startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Honesty, diplomacy and integrity
- Global experience
- Fluent in multiple languages
- Self-starter who can be productive from the first day
- A sense of humor, and calm under pressure
- Ideally located in D.C. or New York
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses. At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts.
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.