Head of Partnerships
VastBiome is an AI-powered high-throughput drug discovery platform company mapping out the largest, most comprehensive, clinically annotated, human microbiome knowledgebase and microbial-derived chemical library. VastBiome will use these proprietary knowledge assets to build best-in-class medicines starting with immunological and neurodegenerative disorders in partnership with leading life science companies. VBx1 is VastBiome’s full-cycle AI discovery platform powering microbe-derived therapeutics
from sample collection to drug programs. We are venture backed, have multiple biopharma collaborations, and are actively recruiting for one of the largest microbiome-cancer longitudinal studies in the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking to bring on an entrepreneurial business leader that can think outside the box, is fluent in science and deal making, and is motivated to establish creative and ambitious collaborations to solve some of medicine’s most challenging unmet needs.
The successful individual will be the first hire to build and lead VastBiome’s strategic partnership efforts.
They will support and drive VastBiomes’ business strategy by identifying corporate partnering opportunities and negotiating agreements with life sciences organizations. Join our world-class team in our mission to unlock the massive potential of the human microbiome and shift the paradigm to make better medicines for complex diseases.
- You are a dealmaker with an established track record of closing deals
- You’re a scrappy, ‘roll up your sleeves’ kind of person
- You care deeply about making a difference in the world
- You are comfortable working on a distributed team and desire a job with high level of personal agency
- You get the job done
- You communicate effectively and in a respectful manner
- Develop and implement a cohesive commercial plan with a focus on sourcing partnering opportunities with potential academic partners, large pharma, biotech, CROs and startups.
Deliverables include: market research, needs analysis, presentation of partner-centric solutions, negotiation and contracting, implementation, milestone achievement, and delivery.
- Source, critically analyze and execute on high-value strategic partnerships, licensing arrangements, co-development and sponsored R&D agreements
- Create presentations and materials to present business updates internally to management and externally to facilitate partnering discussions
- Evaluate new technologies and assess the competitive landscape to define potential partnerships supporting VastBiome’s key initiatives; develop business models to analyze deals and performance.
- Work closely with the platform and drug discovery teams providing key insights on partner needs
- Build a diverse network of potential partners and KOLs
- Mentor scientists and other coworkers so they can be effective communicators with potential partners
- Contribute to VastBiome’s culture of collaboration, respect, integrity, and helpfulness
- MBA, JD or an advanced degree equivalent in an analytical, technical or scientific discipline
- 5+ years of sales or business development experience in the life sciences
- Proven track record establishing meaningful partnerships with biopharma, biotech, and academia; ideally platform centric deals
- Established network across the biopharma landscape; strong customer focus with the ability to effectively and quickly build relationships built on trust, respect, and results-oriented communication
- Experience working at a platform-centric drug discovery company preferred
- Have built and led high performing teams to establish partnerships across various stages of the drug development cycle; discovery through clinical trials
- Experience working in the fields of autoimmune, oncology or neurodegenerative diseases
- Ability to speak to scientific, business and legal professionals in an effective and digestible manner
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 401K plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered
- Flexible vacation policy
- Apple equipment
- Science/tech talks and happy hours
VastBiome believes that incredible science can only be built in a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Every applicant is welcome, and underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.