Remote (EST preferred)
Posting Date: April 2021
Neue Fund is an early-stage venture capital fund with a portfolio of over 30 investments in Seed to Series B investments that positively transform modern society, prioritizing advancements in human health. Neue Fund specializes in discovering entrepreneurs and ventures ready to deploy or are developing biotech or deep tech, holding a comparative advantage over their competitors within their shared industry. We are an agile and ambitious team that is continuously looking for mechanisms and changes in behavior that facilitate efficiency and unlock innovation. We foster a vibrant culture that believes in listening to and challenging all opinions in pursuit of sound insight. To Neue Fund, the work we do is not only rewarding but a genuine calling.
We are seeking an experienced Operational Partner with a validated history of working with startups in the biotech, life sciences, and deep tech space. We are looking for a person whose proven track record speaks to their ability to increase the value of private companies through relationship building with entrepreneurs, helping them realize or clarify their visions. We are in search of a partner to join our fund who has worked with businesses to develop and implement enhanced systems and processes. You have helped organizations bring technologies and products to market and have facilitated businesses in transitioning from concept to product. Alternatively, you started your own company and successfully realized its ambitions. We believe that value creation, allaying the concerns of entrepreneurs, and aligning companies to the core values of our fund is better achieved through an individual and representative of our firm than through external consultants. Preferably, you have experience in portfolio company support and are ready to offer entrepreneurs from our portfolio guidance across a spectrum of concerns from recruiting to sales and marketing to engineering to fundraising to administrative and financial issues.
We are looking for someone to join our team, internalize our ethos, and germinate value as they support our entrepreneurs in their development of revolutionary, sustainable, and impactful technology solutions.
- Advanced Degree in life sciences, ideally in pharmacology/biotechnology/biomedical engineering/genomics/genetics/biochemistry/biophysics in addition to a finance or business background
- Proven business leader with a track record of building shareholder and stakeholder value, ideally with entrepreneurial experience or deep operational experience at a prominent fund
- Succinct, precise communicator
- Accomplished at establishing processes, workflows, writing playbooks, coaching founders and automating for efficiency
- Skilled strategist capable of levering their network to facilitate the development of the existing and future portfolios
- An eye for commercial growth, operational efficiency, and financial controls
- Long history working through the full investment lifecycle from due diligence to public offerings
- Proven ability to fundraise for start-ups and new fund development
- Profound knowledge of building and augmenting businesses into operational entities
- Nimble, multilateral thinker capable of working on multiple projects at once
- Venture Capital
- Operational Partner
- A mix of salary, benefits, and a percentage of GP carry depending on experience
Neue Fund LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement, and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.
Flexible location (CA or west coast preferred)
You have a world-class operating background working with startups in the life sciences, biotech, healthcare, and deep tech space. We are looking for a person whose proven track record shows their ability to accelerate companies through relationship building with entrepreneurs, helping them with critical aspects to realize their vision. You have worked with businesses to develop and bring products to market and scaled them. You feel a calling to contribute to advancing human health as a leader and coach, using your resourcefulness to co-create new approaches, science, and technology.
An exceptional Operating Partner will spend the majority of time helping technical founding teams with choosing the right business models, fundraising, talent sourcing, culture building, and cultivating partnerships or business development. We are looking for someone who will proactively anticipate these needs, prioritize them, and work with founders to execute them. The ideal candidate has extensive experience on the venture capital investment side of life sciences, healthcare, and deep tech.
- Provide guidance and support to portfolio companies across a spectrum of needs from partnerships to business development to talent acquisition and fundraising among others
- Serve on boards for portfolio companies
- Assist in due diligence process
- Travel to support founders in person
- Build the firm’s brand as the premier choice for technical founders through acceleration and thought leadership
- Successful exits as entrepreneur or integral role in bringing products to market and scaling them
- Advanced degree in life sciences (biotechnology, pharmacology, bioinformatics, genomics, genetics, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, or biophysics) in addition to a finance or business
- Leverage vast network to facilitate the development of portfolio companies
- Curiosity and a drive to continually learn
- Keep up with a fast pace
- Succinct, precise communicator
- Develop and implement enhanced systems and processes, automation, and writing playbooks
- Experience with new fund development