Senior Front End Developer
A successful candidate will be able to work well with others and be very detail oriented. This is software that handles sensitive medical information including HIPAA protected data thus the level of quality control needs to be extremely high.
Work in a medtech or healthtech startup, or experience leading a team are a plus. This position requires a high degree of personal responsibility for application integrity, but allows for a significant amount of freedom and individual thinking.
Monthly Healthcare Stipend
PathologyWatch is a company that specializes in providing a digital pathology platform focused around detecting skin cancer through artificial intelligence. The company is led by Dan Lambert, a successful serial entrepreneur and graduate of Harvard Business School and Greg Osmond, a Dermatopathologist trained at Harvard Medical School. The Salt Lake based company sells to Dermatologists who are looking to digitize their workflows and leverage our AI tools to improve skin cancer diagnostics. The company has received ~$35M in venture backing. The team is dedicated to fighting skin cancer globally, and bringing skin cancer diagnostics to underserved areas in the US and abroad. PathologyWatch is currently a team of ~40 people and growing quickly.
This position will be responsible for building the front end of a new product offering from the ground up. Attention to detail is very critical as this system will be used actively by medical and clinical laboratory professionals. This is an opportunity to significantly improve the digital medical process by modernizing software used by laboratories and improving the lab/clinic relationship.
Currently, the PathologyWatch systems are built primarily with Python, React, and AWS services. The position will be a mix of coding as well as helping to manage the product and roadmap.
You will be joining a team of seven full-time developers. The environment is very collaborative, with members of the team taking on front end, back end, AI, UX, and infrastructure roles already.
- Plan and execute a development roadmap from company objectives
- Interact with the product team to understand the user’s needs, and build features based on collected inputs from multiple parties
- Work with the product team to create and follow a clear roadmap to take product from inception to release
- Work with the lab and clinical teams to understand their workflow concerns and potential optimizations
- Utilize test driven development and implement a QA process around deployment
- Develop primarily in React and HTML
- Take ownership of front end infrastructure and determine how to scale it to more demanding workloads
- Become familiar with HIPAA, CLIA, and CAP regulations surrounding features required, information security, and other regulatory guidelines that inform development
- Take specifications and design input and generate code that is cross browser and cross device compatible and that encompasses responsive design
- Help the team out with other front-end projects, such as a pathology viewer or AI display
- React or Angular experience (preferably React)
- Ability to scope and define requirements for new projects and tasks, many of which are self identified
- Experience building a new product offering and splitting features into initial requirements and long term visions
- Experience making small to medium UX decisions for initial versions of some features
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related STEM field
- Five years+ of progressive programming experience, preferably front-end focused
Other Requirements (Travel, Shifts, Physical Demands, etc.):
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Occasional travel is required (No more than 2 times per year)