Senior Systems Engineer
Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We operate rideshare satellites where multiple customer sensors are flown on a single spacecraft platform.
Loft Orbital is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership on our satellite missions, from early phases of CONOPS design and system design to integration, test, and in-orbit operations. The breadth of this role spans detailed analysis and testing to the management of requirements and verification methodology.
As a Senior Systems Engineer at Loft, you will work on multiple satellite missions simultaneously, each with a unique, multi-payload configuration. You will work cross-functionally across multiple Loft teams: satellite operation software, payload interface software, mission engineering and AIT.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to work in a deputy program manager capacity on Loft missions.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Develop and maintain technical budgets for spacecraft performance
- Develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques
- Develop and evolve mission CONOPS, supporting the development of Service Level Agreements with Loft’s customers
- Develop test procedures and participate in the integration and test campaign at our spacecraft manufacturer’s site
- Assist with program management and product management, including interfacing with customers on programmatic and schedule matters
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design documents
- Candidates should have 5 years of experience as a systems engineer in the space industry
- Demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience
- Demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- Prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- Subsystem Level Analysis experience (Thermal, Structural, ADCS, RF Link, etc)
- Preferred: Experience on RF and/or Electrical subsystems
- Preferred: Proficient with STK
- Plus: Experience with thermal analysis